Hi everyone! This is Kathryn Miller from Beautifully Bloomed here.
Today we have some super special guests – Jennifer and Quint! They are the owners of A Touch of Class in Cedar Rapids, Iowa! A Touch of Class has been a staple in the wedding venue industry and I am excited to share with you their 3 important things they want people to know about venues/ their venue.
The best time to book is early.
Many venues end up with their most popular dates booked over a year in advance. If a long engagement is not something you want, you should start searching for your venue as soon as you have a rough idea on your guest count (a range is perfectly fine) and some potential dates in mind. Once you know if you need a large or small venue, the next step is to find your options online and book tours immediately.
Don’t expect your entire guest list to attend.
In our experience at A Touch of Class in Cedar Rapids, IA, we typically see about 75% of invited guests show up to the reception (our venue holds up to 275 people). Setting up a website that allows guests to RSVP online while also including an RSVP notecard with your invitations can help collect more answers, but still expect some guests to not respond. It’s also a good idea to talk with your venue about what can be done with any extra tables crowding up the space or spreading guests too far out in the case that people who RSVPd yes don’t show up after all.
You can never ask too many questions!
Booking your wedding venue for a reception, ceremony or both is a big deal. Go to each tour with a list of questions and make sure you write out the answers to take home. Here are some base questions that are important to have answers to:
- How many people can the space hold?
- What is the parking situation?
- What are the time limitations?
- What staff will be present during setup and the event?
- What is your food and drink policy?
- What is the amount and schedule for deposit and payments?
- Are there extra fees or add ons to be aware of?
- Is there a backup space available (for outdoor ceremonies/receptions)?
- Are tables, chairs or decor available?
- Are candles, tape, hanging objects, glitter, etc. allowed?
- Are there sufficient electrical outlets for a desired A/V setup?
- Is there a preferred vendor list or any vendor restrictions?
Take time to think about any additional questions that might be specific to your unique event so you can be absolutely certain that the venue you choose is right for you.
We hope these tips will be helpful as you plan this exciting time in your life! As a husband and wife team, and owners of A Touch of Class wedding ceremony and reception venue in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, we wish you the happiest of days on your upcoming wedding. If you have any questions for us or about the venue, you can find details and contact information at ATouchofClassBanquets.com.
Thank you Jennifer and Quint!
Again – check them out here!