Hey ya’ll! Kathryn the wedding florist extraordinaire here!
I wanted to highlight 5 ideas to keep in mind while picking out your videographer. Now, this is just from my perspective…There are other things to look into as well, but these are common ideas to keep in mind.
- Flexibility: How flexible is your videographer? I typically send out emails at the beginning of your wedding week to all of your vendors trying to help from my end as much as I can. Is there something about them when speaking with them helps you feel confident that they will be flexible not only with you but also with your other vendors?
- Costs: Again costs. If a videographer costs an arm and a leg… that leaves you with less décor that they will be able to shoot. Its one thing to hire the best videographer around, but if they have limited abilities to take video of… then how will it be worth it? (Of course, taking video of you both is the most important thing… but you will also want videos of everything else that is involved in your wedding)
- Credibility: From a florist perspective, credibility is important no matter who you are. Do you treat our couples well? Do you treat their flowers well? I have seen a particular videographer toss down my couples’ bridal bouquet once. Seriously! How they handle things outside of just their services matter!
- Editing: Of course how they edit should make a difference. Do all of the flowers look washed out? Do they look true to life? Do they look darker than anticipated? If you are wanting to spend money on beautiful flowers… you do not want to get back your wedding video and see that they look different than what they had originally been.
- Creativity: Is your videographer creative? Does it look like they create unique videos for each couple? As a floral perspective I’ve seen the same shot over and over when it comes to flowers. They zoom into the bridal bouquet and them zoom straight out to the wedding party. Cute shot of course, but again – you are paying for creativity. Ask them specifically to take photos of the flowers in a way that you can remember them and your uniqueness.
Again – there are other reasons to pick or not pick a videographer – but hopefully this gives you an insight to our preferences when it comes to videographers.
If you are looking for recommendations to a good videographer, let us know and we will direct you to the right person!