Hello all! Kathryn here!
I wanted to highlight 5 ideas to keep in mind while picking out your venue. Now, this is just from my perspective… There are other things to look into as well, but these are common ideas to keep in mind.
- Guest lists. Wait what? Yes! Guest lists. Figuring out the guest list before you book your venue will help you determine if the venue works for you. If the venue you are looking into holds 300, but you only are inviting 150 people, the space might look a little empty without loads and loads of décor.
- Types of tables. Table types are important for any sort of centerpiece option. There is a difference between what looks good for round tables verses what looks good at long, rectangular tables. Make sure you ask right away the table table and what will loo best with the floral ideas in your head.
- Back Up Ceremony Location: Okay, so the venue has the most beautiful outdoor space – but it rains… then what? From a floral perspective, make sure the venue you choose has options when it comes to bad weather. You do not want to have to move a ton of florals inside (they could probably handle the rain, but not be super happy about it). What if you want grasses? Grasses do not look good all wet, so consider that when picking out a venue.
- Cost. Yes, cost. If this venue eats up most of your wedding budget then you will not be able to spend the appropriate money on flowers/ décor. This goes back to point #1. You would hate to invite everyone to your wedding and the venue looks empty because you were unable to fill it with pretty décor.
- Day of Coordinating: Do they have coordinating available? This is very helpful to florists since we are primarily there to help with décor. When we are setting up, day of coordinators are great at handing out the boutonnieres, bouquets, keeping everyone on time and on the same page for where things should be located.
Again – there are other reasons to pick or not pick a venue – but hopefully this gives you an insight to our preferences when it comes to venues.
If you are looking for recommendations to a good venue, let us know and we will direct you to the right person!