There are a lot of mistakes that you can fall into while hiring your wedding vendors. Hopefully this blog post will help you avoid mistakes that people fall into!
- Not hiring a wedding vendor. Wait.. what does this mean? Try to stick to wedding vendors in particular. Do not try to hire a planner who does not specialize in weddings. Or a florist who has never set up a wedding. They unfortunately lack in necessary knowledge to preform a successful wedding.
- Falling in love with a vendor before figuring out a budget. Let’s be real – all vendors are passionate about what they do. As a wedding florist, I could talk to you for hours about flowers because I genuinely love what I do. That being said, it is easy to get excited and throw budget out of the window. Make sure you chat with your significant other about budgets before and after you meet with vendors.
- Booking the cheapest vendor. Okay, on the flip side, do not just book the cheapest vendor on the block. There is a reason that they are cheap. Maybe they are not a great communicator. Maybe they do not create their art well? Who knows, but make sure you pick the right vendor for your needs and price point.
- Waiting too long to book your vendors. Once you find the right vendor and in the right price point…. make sure you book them quickly! Good vendors will have limited dates available and therefore book fast. A lot of vendors require a deposit and a contract signed to book their services.
- Micromanaging. Then after you book your perfect vendor, let them do their job! Try your best to limit all worry/ questioning. Of course, if you do have questions – feel free to send them over, but try to do that in one condensed email instead of one each time you think of something new.
Hopefully these mistakes will help you be a successful planner for your wedding!