Let’s chat about seasonality. First off, what is seasonality? Seasonality refers to flowers that are in season. Why would you want to buy flowers in season? Well they look better, smell better, better for the environment, need I say more?
That being said… sometimes it’s hard to know what’s in season! Hopefully this guide will help you from my little flower farming perspective.
I am going to break it down by the types of flowers…. There are:
- Focal Flowers: (The main character) BIG, bold, beautiful flowers
- Accent Flowers: (The supporting character) Medium – small blooms
- Twinkly Flowers: (The guest character) The expensive, most beautiful blooms
- Greens: Pretty self explanatory 😉
Now let’s chat seasons. Feel free look up the flowers that you do not know!
- Focal Flowers: Peonies, Tulips
- Accent Flowers: Ranunculus, Anemone, Stock, Larkspur
- Twinkly: Oralya
- Greens: Bupleurum, Honeywort
- Focal Flowers: Roses
- Accent Flowers: Snapdragon, Statice, Yarrow
- Twinkly: Butterfly Ranunculus
- Greens: Bells of Ireland, Eucalyptus
- Focal Flowers: Dahlias, Zinnias
- Accent Flowers: Scabiosa
- Twinkly: Cosmos
- Greens: Basil, Amaranthus, Eucalyptus
Of course, these are not all of the flowers available, I am just highlighting the most popular when it comes to wedding flowers.
Again, I do grow all of these, here in my micro flower farm. Let me know if you have any questions.