Adding eucalyptus to your shower can have some great benefits!
- Eucalyptus is supposed to help with stuffy noses. According to The Benefits of Hanging Eucalyptus in Your Shower, the oils found in euc helps loosen up your nasal passages which can help with anything clogged up in there.
- The oils found in eucalyptus can help reduce stress. Again, “Researchers believe that it decreases the activity of your sympathetic nervous system — your stress response system — and increases the activity of your parasympathetic nervous system, which promotes relaxation. (healthline.com).” Amazing right?
- Last but not least, it smells good and who doesn’t want a nice smelling shower?
Okay so what do we do with this? You can…
- Purchase fresh eucalyptus from a florist or flower farmer during the growing season.
- Purchase dried eucalyptus from a flower farmer off season
- Grow your own!
Eucalyptus can be grown in most growing zones but it does prefer warmer temperatures so know that you will have to replant it every year if you are in a colder zone.
Here’s a video of my eucalyptus plants back in July. They were starting to really grow in the heat! Now they are as tall as me!